Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Power of Promises

     So this morning I really don't want to get up.  I don't want to go home and return to my daily grind.  I'd love to just enjoy being with my wife's family for weeks more.  But none of us can afford that, so we return to our individual abodes full of memories.

    For me though that journey has one slight problem.  I'll have no internet along the way to update my goals and the past two days I haven't been able to really write anything because I've been so busy.  Thus that leaves me with a promise.  And because I have so much free time on the train headed home I figure it is worth going out big.  So here goes.  Between here and home I am going to actually write two full chapters for my story.

    I love promises, because there can be so much power in one.  One if I fulfill my promise to myself, I'll strengthen my ability to write, my trust in myself, and fulfill my goal obligations to ROW80.  All of these are important to me because I want to do the hard work to become fulfill what I was born to be.  An author.

     I read a post I didn't have time to comment on yesterday that stated we need to see ourselves as what we want to be, rather than state that we want to be there one day.  That makes me an author now.  That means that I do the hard work to write and finish novels like a professional today, not tomorrow.  That means I can make a promise to myself and my blogaudience to do something and I can trust myself.  It is kinda a large responsibility, but the point of such things is to become who we believe we are meant to be. I believe I am meant to be an author.  So really my promise has less to do with my writing this weekend and more to do with who I desire to be.

     By the time this posts I won't have internet for this weekend, so I hope that those of you who read my blog enjoy it.  I'm going to enjoy the opportunity to keep this promise to me, and establish myself further in the author that I've defined myself as being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...